I know everyone in the world has seen Crocodile Dundee and that it’s the greatest movie ever, but I thought I’d take this opportunity to answer a few questions I’ve been asked more than once when speaking with people overseas.
Believe it or not…
- I have never ridden a Kangaroo.
- Nor has anyone else, and they do not have parking spots.
- I do not have a pet Koala.
- Wild Koalas, a.k.a. drop bears, do not dive from trees to attack people.
- Yes, I like vegemite. No, you probably won’t.
I have never used the following phrases;
- Lets throw another shrimp on the barbie.
- G’day Mate! ( without having a laugh … )
- She’ll be apples.
If american film producers could leave the above statements out of movies, I’m sure we would all appreciate it.
Good old television.
It’s disappointing I know, but TV and movies do exaggerate some times. Hooroo*.
*Hooroo means see you later. No I’ve never said it.